- Stable Internet connection
- Any Internet browser (IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome)
- PC microphone and webcam (Please check with the lecturer in advance!)
Detailed instructions with screenshots
Essentials in short
- Open the e-mail containing the meeting link and click on the link or copy the link to any browser.
- Select "Install Skype meeting app and join (web)" and save the msi. file locally. Then install the file.
- Annotation: Please don't close the browser including the Skype Web App website. You may need the website again at a later date!
- After installation, click on the "Join meeting" button in your browser.
- If the Web App window does not open automatically, click on the "Try to join the meeting again" link in your browser.
- A message window will open. Click and highlight Skype Meetings App and then click the "Open Link" button.
- Enter a name to be displayed during the meeting and then click on "Join".
- You will then see a message window again. Check the box "Always allow the plug-in for this domain" and click on "Allow".
- After the plug-in has been approved, you will be redirected to the virtual waiting area.
- A Windows security warning will appear regarding the internal firewall. To be able to use the Web App, place a check mark next to Domain Networking and Private Networks. Then click Allow Access. (Administrator rights required!) The meeting interface appears.
- Annotation: When the meeting starts, the microphone is muted by default and the video must be started manually.