Accounts for partners
uniIT provides IT accounts for partners. These accounts can be requested by employees of the University and are granted access to certain services for one year (if the account is needed for a longer time, it has to be renewed after a year).
Upon creation of a new account for partners by uniIT, an initial password is generated that has to be changed by the account owner within a specified period of time. The password can be set using a web interface; the chosen passwords are valid for 180 days.
Essentials in short:
1. Open https://adfs.uni-graz.at/adfs/portal/updatepassword.
2. Enter your access data:
- [account name]@public.ad.uni-graz.at and
- previous password
3. Type in a new password and confirm it in the last field. To ensure the safety of your account, the password has to comply with the following criteria:
- at least 10 characters
- characters from at least 3 of the following categories: upper-case characters (A to Z), lower-case characters (a to z), numerals (0 to 9), non-alphabetical characters (e. g. !, $, %)
- do not use you name or username
4. Click Submit.